Sheet Vinyl Buying Guide - Beautiful Flooring Direct
Vinyl flooring is a stylish and cost effective flooring solution. With modern day production techniques, we can now create the appearance of real wood grains, and ceramic and stone tiles.
The main features of sheet vinyl’s are:
- Versatile- perfect for all areas of the home especially kitchens and bathrooms where there is moisture.
- Hardwearing- Ideal for areas of heavy use.
- Easy to Clean- excellent for households with pets and children
- Non-allergenic- a good choice for allergy sufferers
- Soft and Warm underfoot- more comfortable to walk on than real stone or ceramic tiles
- Waterproof- above and below
- Sheet vinyl’s also have many benefits
- Unlikely to Fade
- Stain resistant
- Easily Maintained
- Impact resistant
- Resistant to most household chemicals
- Many are Slip resistant
Most vinyl’s are available in 2 / 3 & 4 metre widths giving you the ability to cover most rooms without the need for joins.
What is Sheet Vinyl Flooring?
Sheet vinyl has a layered construction created on a continuous line, bringing all layers together to produce a printed protected floor covering, with the look of the original.
- A. Protective top coat- Urethane or other high-performance top coats which make the product easy to clean and resistant to scratches and scuffs.
- B. Protective clear vinyl layer-Adds durability and helps protect against rips, tears and gouges the thicker this layer, the better the performance. The floorings appearance retention and general durability is largely dependent on the quality and the thickness of the clear wear layer.
- C. Printed Vinyl design layer- The printing processes, offer an unlimited range of patterns and designs, including very realistic interpretations of natural materials.
- D. Fibreglass- A fibreglass structural layer makes the product more dimensionally stable (will not curl, allows it to lie flat, and installs without glue). A cushioned vinyl backing also provides additional underfoot comfort and warmth.
What other items will I need in addition to my new Sheet Vinyl Floor?
Door bars- these are necessary to bridge the gap between two floor coverings in different rooms.
. These will either be available to match the colour of your floor or the colour of your existing room décor.
If you have a radiator in the room:
Pipe Roses- these are necessary to cover any expansion gaps around the radiator pipes that go into the floor. These will either be available to match the colour of your floor or the colour of your existing room décor.
For the feet of all furniture in the room:
Floor protectors- A variety of felt pads are available to protect your new floor from the movement of furniture.
Once your floor is installed, you will need to maintain it looking good:
Cleaning items- are available at the time of purchase to ensure you are able to maintain your floor as the manufacturer recommends, it is vital that you use the correct cleaning agents to avoid damage to your beautiful new floor.